JOIN OUR TEAM!
Project Manager (Permanent, Full-time)
Are you a project manager extraordinaire, looking for a new role that makes a real difference? Do you want a chance to join a team that’s not only driven by a strong purpose and a great culture, but exists purely to help others have the same? And are you looking for the chance to work with big name clients, but without the hierarchy, red-tape and egos of traditional change management consultancies? Yes? Well, this one’s for you…
We’re a different kind of consultancy that’s grown from start-up to fire-starter in the last four years. We’ve been purpose-driven from day one, and exist solely to make organisations work for the world. To create big change, we’re extremely fast-paced. We get stuff done. If you don’t like pressure, pace, ownership and the thrill of making exciting things happen on a daily basis, we’re not for you.
At the same time, one of our values is Stay Playful, and we take this seriously. That means cutting the jargon, leaving egos at the door and making sure that we add a little fun to everything we do, spicing up both our client work and team time to create a culture that gets us out of bed every morning.
And although we work incredibly hard and give it our all five days a week, we also take our wellbeing seriously too. That means making sure we have a clear work/life balance and aren’t working around the clock or expected to be on emails after hours. We really believe in creating a better way of working, and this has attracted some of the best industry talent out there (we’re very proud of our team).
We’re also deeply, fire-in-belly passionate about creating positive social and environmental change, whilst also being unapologetically commercial. We believe that doing well should be synonymous with doing good, and we’ve proven this is the case with clients as varied as O2, Grant Thornton, Heathrow Airport, TripAdvisor, Comic Relief, Danone and Quorn.
Sound too good to be true? It’s not!
About the role
We’ve been busy over the last few months helping our clients adjust to a post-COVID world. With so much exciting change, we’re now looking for a project manager to add to our superstar team, to help us up our game even further.
We’re after someone who’s been tried and tested in the role and is comfortable handling multiple fast-moving projects at once, all whilst keeping a cool head and being able to catch the curveballs as they come. This also means you need an eagle eye for detail and are a strong communicator who can run a tight ship.
You’ll be involved in several projects at once, mostly client ones, with a mix of some internal projects too. We’ll need you to take charge of making sure our teams have the organisational support they need to deliver top-quality consultancy at the drop of a hat. This can involve everything from developing and managing timelines, action-trackers and diaries so everyone knows who does what and when. Or it could be managing stakeholders (internal and external) to keep projects moving forward. Or even organising cutting-edge events with the brightest minds in the industry on topics as varied as surviving Brexit, adapting to COVID, and building more diverse, inclusive and purpose-driven businesses.
You’d be working with London- and Toronto-based teams and (whilst we’re mainly working remotely at the moment), team time is really important to us, so we’d want you to be able to eventually spend a few days a week with us in-person. Typically this would be in London, but there may well be an opportunity to head to Canada too.
This job’s for you if you are someone who:
- Loves project management and organising multiple fast-paced teams
- Has attention to detail that’s second to none
- Is a strong communicator (written and verbally) with good interpersonal skills (you’re a ‘people person’)
- Is can-do, positive and solution-focused, even under pressure
- Is a resourceful self-starter and a problem-solver, and is comfortable adapting to frequent and rapid change
- May be open to flexible working hours throughout the week to allow you to support teams on both UK and Canadian time zones (this is preferred but not compulsory).
You’ll also need:
- A high level of competency with MS Office (or Google Suite equivalents)
- 2+ years’ experience successfully running multiple complex projects, which have included:
- Timeline development and management
- Diary management
- Stakeholder management (i.e. making sure everyone knows what they’re doing, when for, and keeping them on track)
- Development of key project management materials, such as action trackers, agendas, detailed meeting notes, presentations, etc.
- Event organisation
- Salary: £28k-£38k depending on experience
- 25 days holiday a year
- Flexible working – you’ll always have the chance to work from home when needed (although we’re predominantly home-based at the moment anyway)
- Wednesday afternoon’s off to re-energise (currently we’re taking 90min screen-breaks every lunchtime whilst we’re working remotely)
- A personalised development plan which genuinely helps bring out the best in you
- A strong team culture, flat hierarchy and opportunities to have a real say in the direction of the business
- Regular skills sharing and training sessions in topics such as D&I, wellbeing, giving and receiving feedback and having difficult conversations
- Healthcare and wellbeing benefits, including free therapy sessions and discounts on other health services such as dentistry, opticians, gyms and more.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 23rd August 2020
(No recruitment agencies, please)